Keralux® cleaner for vegetable tanned leather
Cleaner for vegetable tanned leather
Use this cleaner to clean vegetable tanned leather. Because there is a lot of difference between the way in which this type of leather is tanned, we recommend that you first contact our specialists before purchasing this cleaner.
Use this cleaner 1-2 x a year during the biannual maintenance, or when removing fresh stains. The maintenance is notalways the same, first check whether the leather can / may be wet cleaned.
- Remove coarse dirt thoroughly with a clean, very soft brush or a vacuum cleaner with a soft furniture attachment.
- Shake bottle well before use. Put a little cleaner in the leather sponge and squeeze the sponge to make foam.
- Never spray the cleaner directly on the leather. Process an entire section from seam to seam with the foam. Always work a stain from the outside in.
- Put some cleaner for vegetable leather in a damp clean cloth and treat the complete surface again.
- Allow to dry completely, preferably overnight.
Allow the leather to dry completely between steps. Always try maintenance products in an inconspicuous place before treating the entire piece of furniture.
Good to know:
The leather becomes extremely dark due to the absorption of the cleaner. This effect will wear off after drying.
Are you ordering this product ? Then you will receive the following products:
- Keralux® cleaner for vegetable tanned leather (250ml).
The content is sufficient for 5-7 seats (depending on model).
Best before date: see packaging.
(!) Not suitable for:
Only to be used on vegetable tanned leather.
The answers to your most frequently asked questions:
• Why treat the leather every six months?
Leather needs a lot of attention, just like your own skin. That is why we recommend to maintain leather every six months with the maintenance products from the recommended care set. Are you a 'frequent user' of your furniture? Then simply increase the frequency, for example to once every three months.
• What should I do with new furniture?
With new furniture you only have to undertake two steps. In the first place, we advise you to dust off the new furniture as soon as it is delivered. After that use the recommended products to protect your furniture from day 1. How does this work? Take a look at our page for new furniture, or: click here.
• Is this the product for me?
That depends on the maintenance advice for your upholstery. We test all our products in our laboratory and make our recommendations based on those tests. Scroll down on the homepage and click on the logo of your furniture manufacturer. Select your upholstery and choose the set that suits your upholstery best!
• What can I do in case of discolouration?
Leathers with an open structure, such as natural aniline, vintage and saddle leather, are more prone to discolouration. This is normal for these types of leather. Fortunately, there is still a lot that can be done to remedy the discolouration, or at least make it less noticeable. Grab your phone and take a picture of the discolouration and send it to us by email. Our experts will advise you, of course free of charge!
• What can I do about stains?
Don't panic and don't start scrubbing! First check our stains page for what you can do now. Then send us a photo of the stain by email. Don't forget to mention the specifications of the leather, like the manufacturer, the name and the colour code. Our experts will help you with professional advice and design a step-by-step treatment plan, just for you!
Do you have questions about this product?
Then please contact us.